Tuesday, October 24, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Maria Spotlights Camouflage Die Cutting



Howdy STAMPlorations friends! I've always wondered if people with birthdays around Christmas feel cheated. Do they receive less presents cuz the holiday is right around the corner?!? Or maybe they get more cuz no one wants them to feel cheated?!? Whatever the case, I paired up Christmas and birthday supplies to create my card for a December birthday. I figure if you're going to have a birthday around the holidays, you might as well embrace it!


STEP 1
Gathered my supplies - Sweet Cravings stamp set, black ink, Copics, cardstock and the Be Jolly phrase die.



STEP 2
Stamped the image and sentiment.



STEP 3
After I'd colored the Christmas cake, I decided where to place the die, then die cut the panel.



STEP 4
Die cut the phrase from red fun foam too. TIP: I used little dots of liquid glue to adhere the panel to my cardbase. It's easier to be sure all the little edges and cut areas get adhered. I put a large acrylic block on it while it's drying.


 
STEP 5
Used matte medium to adhere the paper die cut to the fun foam. Put a block on it while it was drying. Then I used a die cut cut from scrap paper and placed into the negative space on the card to help me line up and glue in the little bits (like the inside of the "o"). TIP: I used a toothpick to get glue onto those tiny pieces from the "be". The last step was to adhere the camouflaged piece.\




I like how the red fun foam creates a shadow, drawing your eye to the camouflaged die cut.
Remember if you try out any of the techniques, like camouflage die cutting, from our Spotlight posts hook up your project at our Spotlight Project Showcase


10 comments:

  1. This is fantastic!! LOVE the way you did the coloring and then the die cutting on this!! FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super, Maria! Great coloring, fun design, and, oh, so Christmas-y! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card, good thinking about embracing the day!
    I grew up being told...I haven't bought you a birthday present cos I thought you would like a big Christmas present! No-one said it to my DH....then again his birthday is in July!!!! He! He!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card, good thinking about embracing the day!
    I grew up being told...I haven't bought you a birthday present cos I thought you would like a big Christmas present! No-one said it to my DH....then again his birthday is in July!!!! He! He!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great combination of stamp sets/dies, and I love the red foam under the die cut
    Blessings
    MAxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever use of the dies and stamps to make this fabulous CAS card x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a clever design - the image is totally camouflaged:)

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)